Benefits of Tooth Implants
Missing teeth can make you uncomfortable or unhappy with your appearance, but many patients are concerned that artificial teeth might be even more uncomfortable or unattractive. However, advancements in dentistry have allowed artificial teeth to look very natural and work just as well as real teeth, especially when supported with dental implants.
Why Should I Get Dental Implants?
Dental implants can effectively replace problem teeth. Dr. Anderson may recommend dental implants to:
- Replace any missing or severely damaged teeth that may be breaking up your smile.
- Provide reinforcement to artificial tooth caps so that you can eat and speak normally.
- Protect your gum and bone from damage or irritation; missing teeth expose gum and bone tissue to more harmful bacteria.
- Keep your bite healthy and aligned; missing teeth result in more biting force being applied to your existing teeth, which can cause discomfort or damage.
- Prevent your teeth from shifting to fill in the gaps from missing teeth.
Other benefits include:
- Dental implants are highly resistant to decay and bacteria and will never require cavity or root canal treatment.
- Dental implants can last over thirty years with little to no maintenance.
- Dental implants can be very comfortable and appear natural, so even you may not even remember that your teeth are artificial.
- Dental implants can be treated and cleaned just like natural teeth; there are often no restrictions on what you can eat, and you can brush and floss them normally.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Anderson to discuss whether or not dental implants may be right for you.
Dental Implants and Dentures
When designed by an experienced dentist, dentures can be an efficient solution to achieving an aesthetically pleasing smile. Traditional dentures are removable and can cover an entire arch of teeth including the gums.
However, traditional dentures can be unstable and may fall out or make eating difficult. Denture implants can eliminate these problems by rooting the dentures firmly in the jaw. With implant-supported dentures, you can eat and speak normally without worrying about your false teeth loosening or falling out.
Discover for yourself how comfortable and attractive dental implants can be! Contact us to schedule a consultation about replacing your teeth with dental implants today.